Thursday, June 06, 2013

Sambalpur: My First Visit





My first ever visit to this part of Odisha as a visitor, though I did cross it numerous times but never stopped. But am I impressed! It is hard to say as I did spend a very little time but no doubt, there are many interesting places around. Will post a few sometime soon.

And any guess on the image you are seeing here!! Any coastal guy who has never visited the northern side of Odisha may get a shock. It is river 'Mahanadi' flowing over a rocky bed beside the hills creating a mesmerizing view. I can't imagine the beauty of the place in winter or just after the first rain, at the same time the scenario in Rain also do scare me. Nothing can be more destructive when this river flows in full swing after heavy rains in upper region.


No comments: