Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Safdarjung's Tomb

In last tho years when ever I go to India Habitat Center or India Gate or Cannaught Place, I always wanted to visit this structure which is just after Sufdarjung Flyover but thought of next time. This next time came recently :D.

Yes, 'm talking about 'Safdarjung's Tomb'. It is just next to Safdarjung Airport and Air force Museum.

This 1754 structure built by Shuja-ud-Daula shows the same architectural style as Humayun's Tomb. This beautiful piece of architecture is double storied and stands on a raised platform and it is Square in Plan. The structure is surrounded by a large garden.

I liked the place very much and it was very less crowded when I visited. A short photo session there and I returned. Let the photographs describe the place.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: