Thursday, December 15, 2011

Touring season starts...


Photobucket

After 14 months since I last tried my hands on a mechanized two wheeler, this so called biker got promoted from the Unicorn to a first generation Scooty. All thanks to my study session and the bicycle I own there in UK, I hardly realized any difference in riding the Uni at 100+ kmph when compared to the all time 0 kmph in later one's speedo. But it was quite noticeable from the travel time, I could have reached US of A earlier than the time this usually takes from Vanivihar Square to Bapuji Nagar. All the credit goes to my little sister for being kind enough to hand me over her Scooty keys which perfectly was in its shape. After torturing that tiny little vehicle around the city of Bhubaneswar for more than 45 days, I did try my hands on a friends new Activa and it was with me for few days, how this happened is a complete different story altogether. The 1 and 1/2 month city scooty ride helped me a lot in increasing my carbon-footprint though, but it is still manageable if I'm calculating previous years fossil fuel consumption. Anyways.
This 110cc and 8 bhp honda machine forced me to hit the road to get the glimpses of Odisha state and to get the blessings of Maa Sarala. The thought made me ride this vehicle 200+ kilometers in 6-7 hours including the darshan time and all photo sessions, also interaction with some villagers and kids.
And thus the touring season starts... :)

No comments: